Mission Statement of the IAFIE - Europe
As of today, January 14h, 2015 a European chapter of IAFIE is in existence. The International Association for Intelligence Education (IAFIE) is the leading international organization for intelligence education, established in 2004 in Erie, Pennsylvania. Its mission is to advance research, knowledge and professional development in intelligence education.
The IAFIE chapter for Europe is founded as a result of the clear need among intelligence educators in Europe to promote intelligence studies that take the specifics of European intelligence requirements, principles and methods into account. This need was voiced at a conference on European intelligence organisations, held in Breda in January 2014.
The IAFIE chapter for Europe acts in accordance with the general principles of IAFIE (www.iafie.org). It also tries to establish and maintain contacts with other organizations devoted to the study and teaching of intelligence, especially those in Europe.
The European IAFIE chapter recognizes that intelligence studies profit from a multi- inter- and transdisciplinary approach. The chapter is open for all those in Europe who wish to further the goals IAFIE has set for itself and its members, both from academia and education and from the world of intelligence professionals.
The general purpose of the European IAFIE chapter is, in accordance with the aims set by the parent organization:
- Expanding research, knowledge, and professional development in intelligence education and related intelligence practices and education (e.g. competitive intelligence)
- Providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information for those interested in and concerned with intelligence education;
- Advancing the intelligence profession by setting standards, building resources, and sharing knowledge in intelligence studies;
- Fostering relationships and cultivating cooperation among intelligence professionals in academia, business, and government;
- Developing, disseminating, and promoting theory, curricula, methodologies, techniques, and best practices for pure and applied intelligence;
- Serving as a liaison between other professional organizations and centers of excellence.
- Aiming at becoming the premier venue for virtual collaboration in addressing intelligence teaching in think tanks and higher institutions.
The main means to realize its goals will be conferences, a website and a newsletter.